CREATE LOVES SAVE NOSH OBSESS EYE-CANDY

CROCHET helps relieve stress, DOGS love you unconditionally, COUPONS leave you a little extra money in your pocket and FOOD nourishes your soul...what more could you ask for?


New to JellyBeanster? Click HERE to find out just what we're all about... Don't forget to comment and leave me a link to your blog so I can visit too! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 14, 2011

My first purse ever!

When I first started crocheting, I made granny squares like a mad woman!!   I loved the ease and verstility (is that even a word?) of them.  AND the best part was that even if I had a terribly busy day, there was always time to crank out a granny!!

Eventually, my granny squares graduated into a different shape, granny HEXAGONS!!  Of course, my addiction was newly fueled and I just made as many cotton, colorful granny hexagons as I possibly could.... Within 10 days, I ended up with about 24 granny hexes!

After stalking reading a certain spectacular crochet blog: ( Futuregirl!!)  I ran into this BEAUTY of a bag!!  I was obsessed!  AND I was oh so excited that I already had the granny hexes to make it :-)  I quickly stitched them all together and....


TA DA!!


It was so beautiful, so majestic, and my first ever crochet project that I finished, needless to say I was super proud.  

Let's take another look at it, shall we?



And one more!!


With all of its loveliness, I couldn't think of anyone better than my mom to give it to :-)

Now I'm thinking I need to make more of these!!  I bought the cotton this week so it's coming!!  Next time though, I'm going to try to stick to a more defined color palette: some neutrals with a couple bright colors to POP....Maybe I'll start it next week, this week I'm working on a celtic knot hat for the boyfriend!  Let's see how that comes out first... stay tuned...

Anyone else make a sick nasty granny project?

1 comments:

futuregirl said...

I love it! And I love your enthusiasm, too! :) thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know aobut your post. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this! :) xoxo.

Post a Comment